New product version of the known Lufft VS20 visibility sensor with a measurement range of 10…20’000m, easy calibration functionality, sea waterproof housing and (active) spider defence.
The VS20k visibility sensor measures visibility up to 20’000 m, ideal for road traffic applications on motorways, highways or bridges. A calibration device is available (optional).
The VS20k-UMB is configured via the software UMB Config Tool:
- Reading / Changing of the current configuration,
- polling of the current measurement values,
- the software allows configurations to be loaded and stored.
The measurement data is available for further processing in the form of the standard protocol Lufft UMB.
ASD = Active Spider Defense: The built-in vibrating motor ensures at irregular intervals that the VS2k visibility sensor is not so prone to spiders. The construction of VS2k also reduces the frequency of maintenance.
- Visibility (measuring range 10 … 20’000 m)
- 45° forward light scattering
- suitable for extreme ambient conditions, active spider defence, seawater resistant, compatible interfaces
- RS-485, analogue output
- First and only visibility sensor with active spider defense
- Measurment range of 10 … 20’000m, ideal for traffic applications
- Easy and smart calibration thanks to a calibration kit (optional)
- Forward light scattering technique
- Long life time thanks to sea waterproof housing
- Open and free to use communication protocol for easy integration in excisting systems
Examples of Use:
- Weather observation for road and traffic control systems
- Weather stations at airports, marinas and onboard ships
- Wind turbine control